Milk Burfi / Burfee
500g milk powder
250ml thickened cream
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
sliced almonds to decorate
1. Mix milk powder, cream and cardamom to form a bread crumb consistency mixture.
2. Bring sugar, water and the butter to a boil.
3. Using a sugar thermometer, bring the mixture to the soft ball stage. If you don’t have a sugar thermometer, place a drop of the syrup into cold water, and it should form a soft ball, when it reaches the correct temperature.
4. Mix the milk powder mixture into the syrup on low heat and stir until it is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined tray.
6. Allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours, before cutting and serving