2 cups self raising flour
2 cups Natural Greek Yoghurt (**not Greek style yoghurt)
60g melted butter
1 cup brown / raw sugar
30g powdered cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
1/2 cup softened cream cheese
1/3 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
- Mix the thick Greek yoghurt and self raising flour together to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough.
- Brush the dough with melted butter.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon powder together, and then sprinkle the mixture evenly onto the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough into a log shape.
- Cut slices of the dough, and place upwards in a buttered baking dish, and brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius until cooked through and golden brown.
- Make the icing by mixing together the butter, cream cheese and icing sugar, until it is smooth and glossy.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are baked, pour the icing evenly over the top of the rolls, and allow the rolls to absorb the icing.
- Enjoy the cinnamon rolls while they are still warm.