490g (3 1/4 cups) plain flour
55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
3 tsp dried yeast
250ml (1 cup) milk, warmed
100g salted butter, melted
3 egg yolks
Canola oil, to deep-fry
215g (1 cup) caster sugar, extra
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, yeast and sugar. Then add the warmed milk, melted butter, and egg yolks to form a sticky dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured board, and then allow the dough to rest and prove in a greased bowl until double in size.
- Roll out the dough to a 1cm thick rectangle.
- Using an 8cm round cutter, cut out circles, and then using a 3.5cm cutter, cut out a hole in the centre of your 8cm circles.
- Place the cut doughnut dough circles onto a lined baking tray and allow them to rest.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Heat your oil to 180 degrees Celsius, and then fry your doughnuts until they are golden brown.
- Toss your cooked doughnuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture, until they are well coated.