Citrus Yoghurt Loaf
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons grated citrus zest
1 cup Greek yoghurt
3 beaten eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed citrus juice
1 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed citrus juice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease and line a loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add in the sugar and citrus zest and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and then add in the yoghurt, eggs, oil and lastly the citrus juice.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place the cake on a baking rack.
- For the glaze, combine the icing sugar and citrus juice and pour over the cake.