Strawberry Scrolls with Cream Cheese Icing and Sprinkles
2 cups self raising flour
2 cups Natural Greek Yoghurt (**not Greek style yoghurt)
1 Jar of Strawberry Jam
1 Punnet of Strawberries washed and diced
100g cream cheese (softened)
40g salted butter (softened)
1/2 cups of icing sugar
1. Combine the flour and Greek yoghurt to form a dough.
2. Roll the dough into a rectangle shape. Try rolling the dough as thinly as you can.
3. Spread the strawberry jam onto the rolled out dough, and then roll the dough into a log shape.
4. Cut the log into rounds of approximately 2cm thick, and then place them on a lined baking tray.
5. Use egg wash to brush the tops of the scrolls for a nice golden colour.
6. Bake the scrolls in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, until golden brown.
7. While the scrolls are baking, prepare the icing by beating the cream cheese and butter together until they are light and creamy. Then add the sifted icing sugar in and mix until we’ll combined.
8. Once the scrolls are baked and cooled, spread the cream cheese icing over the top, and then use your Nazzy Baker sprinkles to decorate the tops.