Blackberry, Lemon and Yoghurt Cake
160g caster sugar
105g thick Greek yoghurt
5 tbsp olive oil
240g plain flour
1½ tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 punnet of blackberries
2-3 tbsp Slivered almonds to decorate
1 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the caster sugar and eggs in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the yoghurt, oil, flour and baking powder into the egg and sugar mixture and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin, and then gently add in the blackberries randomly into the cake batter.
- Top with the slivered almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pale golden and your Nazzy Baker cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Serve as it is or dusted with icing sugar